Thursday, May 1, 2014

Glitter Squares

It's May! We can finally put winter behind us and get ready for summer.  And summer means "Sunglasses".   So the "Dare To Be Sassy Thursday" challenge (#227) 
at Sassy Studio Designs this week is "So Bright Gotta Wear Shades"- Make it Sparkle and Shine.  The first thing I thought of  was my Glitter tape.  So that's what I used.


angled to get a better look at the glitter (sorry it got a little blurry)

close up of glitter on dress and flowers

inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Sassy in the City Charlotte digital image by Sassy Studio Designs
Colored with Copics
Skin-E00, E11
Lips-R30, R32
Eyes-E37
Hair-E41, E43, E44
Shoes-Y21, Y26
Dress-paper pieced and shadowed with W1, W3, W5
shading of dress 
dress applied

DP-My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus
Card stock-Staples card stock pack

Glitter tape-Darice Sparkle tape Yellow, Orange, Red
Glitter pen-Sakura Gelly Roll clear glitter pen

I made 3" squares using the glitter tape on card stock. I cut them out with my x-acto.  I added glitter pen to the flowers on the DP, the top of the dress and shoes to add more sparkle.
I popped up the image on homemade tan foam squares.  And added a smaller image and more DP and glitter tape on the inside.
Hopefully you'll join us at Sassy Studio Designs, and get ready for summer, by creating something that will help you break in your shades.

Thanx for looking and please comment.

post signature

2 comments:

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Greg, this is gorgeous! Love all the sparkle...so pretty!

Cindy Groh said...

Love this one too.