Saturday, September 14, 2013

Happy Hamster

Time for the newest weekly challenge at the Hambo Hoedown.  This week's challenge is to use "Decorative Scissors" on your project.  They always come up with some great and different challenges. And they make you dig out stuff that hasn't been used in awhile. One week's challenge was to use "eyelets".  And now it's "decorative scissors"! We all have them but they never get used.  After making this card, I see why I don't used them often.  I have a wooden rotating rack with 20 pair of scissors.  It never gets used.  I can never cut right with them.  But I broke them out for the challenge.




inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Hamster Heart digital image by Hambo Stamps
Colored with Prismacolor markers
PM-10 Blush, PM-13 Chinese Vermilion, PM-100 Warm Grey 20%
DP-DCWV the Stack 8
Cardstock-Recollections
Scissors-Provocraft
Faux stitching-Gelly Roll white gel pen
Sentiment-(front) Microphone Announcement by Hambo Stamps
(inside) Hamster Heart by Hambo Stamps

I paper pieced the hamsters shirt. (also DP from the Stack 8). The sentiment and image are popped up on homemade pink foam squares.
I thought it would be fun to color the hamster in pink.

So now it's your turn to break out and dust off those scissors that have been forgotten for so long.  Join in the fun.

Thanx for looking and please comment.


post signature

3 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Greg! I love your card; very clever and fun design!!

Anonymous said...

Look at you getting all clever with the foam squares! Love the paper piecing. Just a precious card! Thanks for joining the Hoedown this week!!
Lyn

Jeannie said...

I adore that heart shirt you put on this adorable little critter! Always a joy to see your creations! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Hambo Hoedown.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie