Thursday, July 25, 2013

Milkshake Girl


Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry,Mint chocolate chip....  What's your favorite milkshake flavor? Have you tried all 25 at Sonic? (I haven't)    This week's "Dare To Be Sassy Thursday" challenge at Sassy Studio Designs is "Cocktail Time" (have a beverage somewhere on your creation, either in the image, paper, ribbon...)  It doesn't have to be an alcoholic beverage.  Since I don't like the taste of alcohol, I went a different direction.  I thought the "Sock Hop Sweetie 2" image would be perfect.  And I went with a 50's theme.  And when I think of the 50's, the first thing  I think of is Malts & milkshakes (after cool cars and cruising).  So here is my beverage related card.




inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Sock Hop Sweetie 2 digital by Sassy Studio Designs
Colored with Copics
Skin-E00, E11
Lips-R20, R22
Eyes-G02, G05
Hair-E35, E25, E27
Skirt/shoelaces/hair bows-R20,R22
Blouse/shoes-W1, W3
DP- I made the pattern with 3 free milkshake images http://www.iconfinder.com/search/?q=milkshake
using CorelDRAW X4
Cardstock-Recollections
Washi tape-Homemade using Christmas tissue paper and XYRON machine
Sentiments/background shape-Computer generated

I popped up the image and sentiment oval on homemade pink foam squares.  I added a smaller image, more DP and  washi tape to the inside.

As you can see I made just about everything on this card. I guess I figure if I can't find what I need, I just make it.  hahaha

Hope you like my take on the challenge and join in.  You could win 2 free images from Sassy Studio Designs.  And if you use a SSD image, you can enter twice.

Thanx for looking and please comment and follow.


post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome card Greg! I really love your milkshake theme since I'm not a drinker either! Your coloring of sock-hop is perfect!

Katya said...

Hey there Greg! Pretty cool card man! Love your coloring and love those papers and inside note ;) Awesome homemade washi-tape must try that out sometimes. TFS!!!

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Greg, what a cool idea! Love the milkshakes and that image is perfect with the paper.