Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Caught a Bug?


It's time for another challenge at the Hambo Hoedown.  And this week I was chosen to be a Guest Designer.  I have been playing along for quite some time with the Hambo Hoedown challenges.  First I would like to thank Lyn at My Purple House for introducing me to the Hambo Hoedown.  When they asked me to be a Guest Designer, I was thrilled.
This week's challenge is a sketch.  Sometimes when given a sketch, it takes a while to come up with an idea.  This was not the case this time.  Here is the sketch.

It was a change to make a card that wasn't the usual A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") size.  When I scaled the sketch, the card ended up being 4 1/4" x 7 3/8".  And here is my card.




inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Flytrap digital image by Hambo Stamps
Colored with Prismacolor Art Markers (yes I have other markers besides Copics.  hahaha)
Stem/leaves-PM25 (chartreuse), PM27 (Apple Green)
Flower-PM12 (Lt Flesh), PM10 (Blush), PM113 (Cold Grey 60%)
DP-DCWV Stack 8
Card Base-Staples cardstock Salmon
Cardstock-Recollections Purple Passion pack

Tape-Darice Sparkle tape Grey, Hot Pink & Darice Washi tape Green stripe
Diecuts-Spellbinders Ovals Small, Scalloped Ovals Small
Corner rounder-Fiskars 1/4" Squeeze corner rounder

Twine-Darice Baker's Twine 

Faux stitching-Pentel white gel pen
Dots on scallops-Gelly Roll metallic pink
Sentiment (front)-Hambo Stamps
(inside)-Computer generated

I popped up the image panel on homemade pink foam squares.  I added a smaller flytrap image along with more DP and tape to the inside.

It was a great thrill to chosen as a Guest Designer.  I always enjoy seeing what images and challenges they have for everyone.  Join in and you'll get hooked.

Thanx for looking and please comment.

post signature

6 comments:

Hambo Hoedown said...

We are so happy to have you as a GD at the Hoedown! Love your Fly Trap design and colors! The inside looks great!

Judy

Monica Hunter said...

You always rock the Hoedown challenges, and this cute card is no exception! Thanks so much for Guest Designing for us Greg! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwe I am so glad I found you - I can't wait to see your entries every week - they are always amazing! I love that you always go the extra step and finish the inside of the card - I am lazy when it comes to that! Eventually your influence may rub off - just keep trying :) So glad you joined the DT for this weeks challenge - as usual...you nailed it! Love those bright, fun colors and sparkly tape!
:~) Lyn

Kendra said...

Great card Greg! I love the sparkle! So glad you could join us as a guest this month!

Jane Elizabeth France said...

fabulous card once again Greg, I'm a huge fan and always look forward to seeing what you create each week. Lyn certainly knows talent when she sees it!

Jeannie said...

Hi Greg and thanks for agreeing to be a Guest Designer with us! You know how much I love your creations, and that sparkly tape on this one is a real eye-catcher.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie