Sunday, May 5, 2013

Word Search

Just like this week's challenge at the Hambo Hoedown was called "Word Search", I found it to be a "Creativity search" for me.  The challenge was to use either this week's digi (Word Search) or any Hambo stamp image and the use 2 or 3 things that start with any letter. (ie. B-blue, button, black, brad  T-twine, turtle, twisted easel) So I thought about it and kept running through letters and things.  Then I finally decided on "P" and used Pencil, Paper (Washi) tape and Purple. It was also different to not have an image to color.  So here's my "P" card.




inside (sorry it looks so blurry)

Stuff I Used:
Image-Word Search digital image by Hambo Stamps
Cardstock-Recollections Purple Passion pack
Paper (Washi) tape- unfortunately I threw away the tag from the tape
Pencil-scanned #2 Staples pencil the covered with Glossy Accents

 I popped up the Word Search image on homemade foam squares.  This was the first time I used the paper tape. I've collected about 46 rolls and never used them. I do that, when I buy something, I have to have every one in the series.   Is anyone else like that or am I the only one with this problem? 
I think it turned out pretty good for not having any idea what to do in the beginning.

Thanx for looking and please comment.
 

post signature

3 comments:

Lori said...

I think it looks great Greg, a real fun card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Hoedown!

CG said...

Great card! Such a fun image, and I really like what you've done with it. LOL sounds like you have a great tape collection! I'm so close to doing the same thing...never have what I want! Best, CG

Deborah Anton said...

Great card and great start into using that hoarded tape! :) Love my tape don't use it as often either. Maybe it's time... Thanks for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown!