Monday, May 6, 2013

50 Shades of Dorothy

There's no place like home. And there's no place like Artistic Inspirations for a challenge. This week's challenge (#40) is "Monotone". Check it out here. When I think monotone, I think one color.  So that's what I made my card, one color.  I chose to use grey(s) as my color.  And what goes better with black and white, but a Sassy Dorothy image from the "Off to find a Wizard" digis by Sassy Studio Designs. So here's my take on the challenge.




inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Dorothy Sassy digital stamp by Sassy Studio Designs
Colored with Copics (a very short list)
C1, C3, C5, C7
DP-DCWV the Glitter Stack
Cardstock-Recollections
Ribbon-k*i memories silver solid
Sentiment-Computer generated

I popped up the image on the front with homemade black foam squares. I wasn't going to because I wanted to try to keep the monotone theme.  And not have any fluctuation in layers.  But I seem to always have to pop something up.
I picked the DP because it reminded me of small rainbows (only shades of grey) to carry the "Wizard of Oz" theme.

Thanx for looking and please comment and follow so Dorothy can get back home.  



post signature

4 comments:

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Greg, first off I love the title of your post "50 Shades of Dorothy." Too cute...it made me giggle. This card is fabulous! I love that DP and how you colored her in all grays...wow this just amazing.

K8 said...

Stunning card, love the background and your coloring!! Thank´s for join us at Artistic Inspirations..Hugs Kate DT at AI

Unknown said...

Wow this are stunning cards and you certainly have gotten to grips with the monotone challenge.

Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week,
Claire x
(DT)

Kay Dalton said...

stunning card fab consept, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations challenge