Sunday, May 5, 2013

1st Communion

Yesterday (Saturday) my nephew made his 1st Holy Communion at 4:30 Mass. I like going on Saturday evening because then I have the whole day Sunday to do something or rest. (and it's less crowded. haha)  Does anyone know why Sunday is considered the 7th day for rest, but on calenders Saturday is the 7th day of the week?  If you do, please comment and let me know.
Back to the card. I made the card using an image from Mo's Digital Pencil http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/.  I think the images are terrific and so fun.




inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-First Communion Boy s (for straight hair) digital image by Mo's Digital Pencil
Colored with Copics
Skin-E00, E11
Hair-E57, E29, E49
Shoes-C1, C3, C5, C7, C9
Suit-C1, C3
Rosary-B41, Gelly Roll Metallic gold gel pen
DP-Studio g 6x6 pack blue
Cardstock-Recollections
Sentiment/dove-Dayspring Chapters of Life Communion Scrapbooking kit

I popped up the image on homemade blue foam squares.
I remember when I made my 1st communion years ago every boy wore a suit.  Now I guess just having a tie, shirt, dress pants and shoes is all that is required. Most of the boys did have suits on. And of course the girls had their white dresses and most had veils. They all looked so cute.  But my nephew got to wear his Pappy's (my Dad) suit that he wore for his 1st Communion (my Dad is 71). I was to big when I made mine.  He looked soooo cute.


Sean with his banner

with his Gram and Pappy (my Mom & Dad)

After church we went to Red Robin to eat. My Mom, Dad and I go there just about every Saturday after church.  Sean didn't eat his corn dog.  He just wanted to play the game in the lobby.  Then as my Mom and niece (photobombing) were finishing their "Mile High Mudd Pie", (I get one every week) he sat down and finished it for them.

Oh to be 9 again.

Thanx for looking and please comment and follow.


post signature

No comments: