Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Witty Nurse

I'm running late with this post. I usually have my card posted for the Sassy  Studio Designs "Dare to be Sassy Thursday" challenge before the day it's due. I've had it done since Monday, but I got side tracked and didn't a chance to post it.  So this week's challenge at "DTBST" was to create a funny or witty card. Here's the link.  I thought my Sassy Nurse Heather would be good for this challenge.  So here's what I came up with.

front

inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Sassy Studio Designs Nurse Heather
Colored with Copics
Skin-E11, E13
Hair-E31, E34, E39
Eyes-G02, G05
Lips-R20, R22
Gloves-V12, V15
Shoes/cross-R24, R29
Uniform-shading B91, belt buckle Y26
DP-DCWV the Pocket Full of Posies Stack
Cardstock-Recollections
Ribbon-Darice "Trim Accents" trim value pack
Sentiments-Computer generated

I popped up Heather on foam squares. When I was putting the card together, I only had the green and blue ribbon on the front. And had the main panel ATGed down. It looked bare, so I had to try to pull the panel up enough to put the sparkly orange ribbon on.  Some how it worked and I got the ribbon on and the panel adhered back down.  Then adhered the banner and image.

I think this would make a great 21st Birthday card. 

The idea for the card came to me in a dream one night.  Does anyone else dream about making cards and challenges?  Or am I just a little crazy?

Thanx for peepin' and please comment and follow me.



post signature

5 comments:

Star said...

Love it! Fabulous sentiment, and I love the black and white image of the nurse on the inside. Wonderful colors and excellent coloring, as always. Thank you for playing along with us at Sassy Studio Designs!

xx Star (SSD DT)

karalschuknecht said...

This is sentiment is perfect for this image and this week's challenge. Your coloring is awesome. Thanks for joining us this week at Sassy Studio Designs.
Karal SSD DT

CG said...

What a great card! Love that ribbon too. Your sentiment is so clever... my sister in law is about to graduate from nursing school, and this would be a perfect sentiment. Would it be okay if I "borrowed" it for that occasion? I won't use it without your permission. Best, CG http://cg-says.blogspot.com/

CG said...

Hi Greg, I finally got my nurse card posted: http://cg-says.blogspot.com/2013/06/nurse-graduation.html
Thanks again! Best, CG

Heather D. said...

LOL I love this card Greg! (and not just because she's named Heather either lol) I hope you don't mind but I *borrowed* your sentiment for a get well card I just made. Very witty! Thanks for sharing!

Heather D.