Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Welcome Spring


I thought Spring was here for the year, but it was postponed yesterday after we got 5" of snow. It didn't bother me because I like plowing the lots at the office complex where my sister and mom work. But I still wanted to make a Spring card for the Some Odd Girl March challenge. See it here.  This month's sketch was:


When Some Odd Girl http://www.someoddgirlblog.com/ has new stamps come out, if you comment on the posts, you can win one of the new images.  That is how I acquired the "Watering Can Tia" image.  I won it! I love all their images.  They are great to color and so expressive. So here is my card.




inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Watering Can Tia digital stamp by Some Odd Girl
Colored with Copics
Skin-E00, E11, E13
Hair-E31, E34, E23, E37
Eyes-B00, B02
Welly boots-YG03, YG06, Y38, YR68
Shorts-B00, B02
Shirt-RV23, RV13
Watering Can-BV00, BV02, BV04, C1, C3
DP-DCWV the Stack 5, DCWV Stack 8
Cardstock-Recollections
Paper flower was light pink then colored with Copic BV00, BV02
Flower center-Queen & Co Lime green pearl
Sentiment-Computer generated

I popped up Tia on homemade foam squares.  And then popped up the sentiment banner more.

Well the snow is melting and I hate when it's all messy. But Sunday is Easter and I think Spring will stick around this time.  Then before we know it, the temperatures will be in the 90's and we'll be back in the house and the air conditioning. hahaha

Thanx for looking and please comment and follow.

 



post signature

2 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

oh Greg, neighbor of mine, i am WITH you on the spring thing! we got a smidge more of the white stuff in South Jersey, and i am dying to put my winter clothes away! thanks so much for sharing your super cute card - love those colors! we've been seeing a lot of your face around Some Odd Girl lately! thank you for the support and the sweet words! love your style, sir! :)

Star said...

This card is just beautiful! Your coloring is wonderful and I just love your layouts. You have such a way with color! I hope you don't mind, but you have a new follower in me. =D I can see I'll be getting lots of inspiration from you.

xx Star