Monday, February 25, 2013

Getting Ready for St Patrick

Put away the reds and pinks, and get out the greens (and oranges).  It's time for a St Patrick's Day card.  I found this month's challenge at Some Odd Girl Blog.  See it here.  And thought I'd play.  It's a sketch challenge.


So I got the "Flag Wavin Mae" digi from their store.  http://www.someoddgirl.com/index.php/shop and came up with this card.



inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Flag Wavin Mae digital by Some Odd Girl
Colored with Copics
Skin-E11, E13, E15
Skirt-YR02, YR04, YR07
Top-G02, G05
Hair-YR02, R24, E08
Flags-YR04, YR07, G02, G05, C1
Buttons / Flag tops-Gelly Roll Gel Pen -Gold
DP-Provocraft "Good Luck"
Cardstock-Recollections
Border Punch- MS Checkerboard
Faux Stitching-Gelly Roll Gel Pen White and American Crafts Gel Pen Green
Shamrock-Creatology Foam Glitter sticker

I popped up the image on homemade green foam squares and the sentiment up more on green foam squares.

I enjoyed playing along and like all the Some Odd Girl images.
I've heard that if you leave me a comment, the "Luck of the Irish" will be with you.  



post signature

3 comments:

Amy said...

Fantastic take on the sketch, Mae looks like a true Irish lassie... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card - love the Irish theme! Thanks for joining us over at Some Odd Girl!

Leah l'Orange said...

love it, Greg! i always picture Mae with red hair, and you totally captured the Irish in her with your card! also, i need that punch. thanks for joining the Odd Girls for our February Challenge! :)